About Us

The Spanish word "Amparo" was adopted for its meaning, protection, and in honor to its director. El Amparo Foundation, Inc. was filed on December 5th, 2008. It is a non-profit organization under section 501 (c) (3). Its mission is to pay education/meals for poor children in Cali, Colombia, where education is mandatory, but, unfortunately, there are places where this mandate is not complied due to lack of infraestructure. Meanwhile, there are children growing up with poor or even worse, without education declining any possibility to have a descent quality of life in the future.

All our work is voluntary. No staff costs; about 95% of donations goes directly to the beneficiaries and the remaining 5% covers supplies, domain & hosting website, and legal documentation to continue our noble cause.

AMPARO GONZALEZ, Director

Amparo


RECOGNITIONS AND AWARDS
Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office - 2007
Corporate Care and Partnership Award for the outstanding contribution of services for a better community

Amparo

Idearc Media – 2008-2009 Verizon Yellow Pages
Local Hero in Pinellas County

Amparo

NO MATTER WHERE CHILDREN LIVE, THEY DESERVE A BETTER FUTURE

 

 

EDUCATION HAS NO BOUNDARIES

 

There is always something  
to give. Just stop for a  
moment, be aware of it,  
and do something for a child.

 

 

Ninos Camisa